On the right side of GAMBAid's homepage you can find the links leading directly to the donation platform "betterplace.org" or you click on the tab "Appeal/Spendenaufruf" or via the menu bar at "Appeal".
These links mentioned above lead to our newest project: a maintenance free solar powered water pump for Wassu.
This project is aiming to finance a solar powered, maintenance free water well for Wassu, Gambia. Clean water is essential.
The out-dated well in Wassu, that provides 2 schools with 700 children and the neighboring village with water, is regularly breaking down because of wearout etc. In short: It's basically useless.
In order to ensure a sufficent water supply, we contacted a producer of solar powered, maintenance free water wells. They are willing to provide us with a well kit (limited edition). But of course not for free. That's why we urgently have to raise the needed funds.
This water pump would also irrigate the nearby (school-)gardens, where vegetables and fruits are grown.
Please help us to put this project into effect!
The Solar Pump is both a cost-effective and a sustainable solution. It
- incurs no running costs,
- uses renewable solar energy to easily pump water out of water wells,
- efficiently pumps up to a depth of 100m/300ft,
- allows water to be pumped at night, using the optional hand pump,
- requires NO maintenance at all (high-quality maintenance-free materials make this possible),
- is salt water resistant to avoid corrosion to the piston unit,
- is affordable and can be manufactured all over the world to foster local economic development,
- and can easily be assembled locally with local skills and parts.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you very much for your support!